A baby shower is a very happy occasion. As part this celebration many people have a specially designed cake. A cake can commemorate the pregnant woman’s upcoming birth as well as pay homage to friends and relatives. You can order a cake or you can bake one yourself.
Baby Shower Cake Pans
- Start by designing the cake. Talk to the mom to be. Ask her about the gender of the baby as well as any names she’s picked out. Ask her about her favorite colors as well as the kind of colors her close friends like. A typical design for a baby shower might utilize pink icing for a girl and blue icing for a boy topped with baby shoes created out of fondant and the baby’s name in icing on the top of the cake.
- Once you’ve decided on the design for the cake you can start baking it. First make a standard white cake. You will need butter, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. You can easily many basic recipes for a cake on the net. Look for recipes that serve the number of people coming to the baby shower. You can to allow at least one slice for each person.
- Bake the cake at least two days in advance. This will give you enough time to decorate it and to correct any mistakes that happen during the cake baking process. Allow enough time for the cake to rise properly. Your oven should be preheated and you should have all equipment necessary to bake the cake in advance.
- Allow the baby shower cakes to cool. You can store it a refrigerator. Clear out all other items on the shelves to make room for the cake to celebrate the baby shower. The cake’s edges should not touch anything else in the refrigerator. Place toothpicks around the sides of the cake and top with aluminum foil to protect the cakes in the refrigerator.
- Start decorating the baby shower cakes. Place icing around the sides of each the cake. The icing should cover all sides of the baby shower cake. After that you can top the cake. Roll out a layer of fondant in the color of your choice. Gently place the layer of fondant on top of the cake. Trim the sides so that nothing overlaps.
- Top the baby shower cakes with additional decorations. You can think about using cake decorations that utilize various shapes appropriate to a baby shower such as baby shoes, shoe laces and even a miniature baby carved out of fondant. Roses work well for a baby girl. Symbolize a boy with decorations made of miniature baseball bats or puppies.