Welcoming a new baby into the world can be one of the most exciting experiences for a new family, and many families choose to celebrate this event by throwing a baby shower. Most baby showers are intended for the mother’s women friends to attend, and creative wording for the invitations can heighten the guests’ excitement for the big event.
Baby Shower Sayings For Invitations: Single Babies
A popular shower wording theme plays on the idea of the term “shower.” Play on the meteorological term, “We’re predicting a baby, but first there is a 100 percent chance of a shower.”
Highlight the baby’s expected gender, using the pink and blue theme or gender-specific pronouns like “he” and “she.” You can also play up gender stereotypes at this young age and mention decorating with bows and ribbons or preparing for a sports star to enter the family.
Include family-specific details in the invitation wording. For instance, if the parents enjoy a sports team, state that a new fan is on the way. You can also play on the sports theme of Most Valuable Player, or MVP, and change it to MVB: most valuable baby.
Baby Shower Sayings For Invitations: Multiples
A shower invitation for a mom expecting twins or other multiples can have different wording from a regular invitation.
Accent the fact that there will be multiple children by playing on traditional themes. Many single-baby invitations reference 10 fingers and 10 toes; up the number to 20, 30 or however many needed for the number of children expected.
Gender-themed invitations will often highlight the pink/blue color theme, or the traditional rhymes that girls are made of sugar, spice and everything nice and boys of frogs, snails and puppy dog tails. For a mixed-gender multiple birth, you can include both gender-themed information. Try rhymes like, “Blue or pink? One of both, we think!” Or you can highlight the decoration of sugar and frogs or another combination.
Baby Shower Sayings For Invitations: Necessary Information
Beyond the fun rhymes and exciting ideas, you must always include some necessary information in the invitation.
Always include the mother’s name on the invitation, whether you work it into the poem or simply list it with the other required information. Including the name will make sure that gift tags and cards are spelled correctly.
Include the baby’s gender on the invitations, if the parents have already found out. If the parents have already named the child, include that too. This will give guests the opportunity to personalize their gifts if they so choose, or will at least let them choose the right color if they decide to buy gifts in the traditional pink or blue theme.
Include registry information on the invitation, so that guests buying fits can get mom exactly what she needs. If she is not registered, mention whether the party itself or the baby’s nursery will have a theme, so that guests can purchase gifts to match.
Along with the address, date and time of the party, let guests know if the shower is a surprise. This detail will vary by party and by mother, but guests must know whether they can discuss details with the mom-to-be.
Incoming search terms:
- baby shower invitation wording
- baby shower invite wording
- baby shower wording
- baby shower invitations wording
- baby shower sayings for invitations
- Baby Shower Favor Sayings
- baby shower sayings for a girl
- baby shower funny quotes for invitations
- babies sayings
- baby shower wording for invitations
- baby sprinkle invitations rhymes
- girl baby shower invite sayings
- baby sprinkle invitation sayings
- saying for baby invitations
- single card baby shower invitations
- free baby shower invitation wording
- baby shower invites images
- quotes for a baby shower invitation
- pictures and sayings
- sayings for a baby sprinkle
- invitation quotes for baby shower
- unique baby shower invitations wording
- Girl Baby Shower Invitation Wording
- no clothes baby shower saying
- cute phrases for baby shower invitations
- creative saying to baby shower
- babies and sayings
- baby announcement quotes sayings
- baby shower invitation messages
- baby shower invite quotes
- baby shower quotes for the invitation
- baby shower wording invitation
- baby showerinvitations
- announcement baby quotes
- Baby Sprinkle Wording
- Baby Sprinkle Wording Ideas
- babyshower invite quotes
- unknown gender baby shower wording invitations