Bingo is a popular game at baby showers. It is simple and requires few supplies to create. Customizing the cards to suit the event will make the game livelier. For instance, a bingo card filled with icons of gifts an expectant mother is likely to receive at a shower can be marked off as she opens her presents. As the game rules dictate, the guest who succeeds in completing a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line first wins. It is possible to make baby shower bingo cards with game software online or with a word-processing program.
Blank Baby Shower Bingo Cards: Things You’ll Need
- Card stock, 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches
Blank Baby Shower Bingo Cards: Word-Processing Software
- Open a word-processing program, such as MS Word or WordPerfect. Open a new blank, letter-sized document if one does not open automatically.
- Type “B-I-N-G-O” at the top of the page. Highlight the word and center it on the page using the program’s formatting tools or menu bar.
- Click “Table” on the navigation bar and create a grid that contains five rows and five columns. Set the row height and column width at 1 1/3 inches.
- Place numbers, words, clip art, pictures or a combination of all four in the squares you created in Step 3. If you wish to add clip art or pictures, click a square and select “Insert” on the menu bar, then navigate to the file you wish to import. Choose baby-themed clip art or pictures, such as images of rattles, strollers and diapers. Mark the centermost square “free.”
- Place a sheet of card stock paper in the printer tray and print the card. Cut off the excess paper around the borders.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to create more cards, but rearrange the cell contents in Step 4 so no two cards are alike.
Blank Baby Shower Bingo Cards: Online Bingo Sheet Generator
- Search for “free bingo sheet generator” or “custom bingo cards” in a web browser. Select one of the websites listed in the search results.
- Choose a card type and size. Different sites offers cards in various dimensions, from grids of 3 squares by 3 squares to 5 squares by 5 squares. Sites also vary as to whether the cards can be populated with just numbers or whether images are available.
- Select a baby-shower-themed template if one is available, or customize the card with baby-related words or images if the program allows you to manipulate the card’s content.
- Place a sheet of card stock into the printer and print the card and a call sheet. If the website does not provide a “Print” button, use the “Print” option on your web browser’s toolbar.
- Create as many bingo cards as you will have guests. Many sites are programmed to shuffle the contents of the grid for you so that each card is different.