If you are throwing a baby shower on a budget, an easy way to save money is by making your own shower invitations and printing them at home. All you need are some basic home office tools that you probably already have and a couple of photos of the mother-to-be. If the mother is shy or you don’t have a digital camera, you can use clip art to make a cute, yet simple, invitation.
Printable Baby Shower Thank You Cards: Instructions
- Open your word processor and create a new document. Choose “landscape” as your page orientation.
- Change the page to two columns using the “Column” tool. Find this tool in the “Page Layout” or in the “Tools” section of the word processor’s menu. Doing so allows you to make two invitations per printed page.
- Click on the left side of the page. Use your word processor’s “Insert” tool to add a picture of the mother-to-be or clip art to the invitation.
- Choose a font and type the invitation information. Include the name of the mother, the location of the shower, the date and time, and any other special instructions, such as where to park or how to RSVP. If desired, add custom-colored fonts to complement the shower theme.
- Highlight the image and text. Copy-and-paste the information to the right side of the document.
- Print the invitations on good quality card stock.
- Fold the invitations in half and cut them along the fold with your scissors to separate the two invitations on the page.
- Use your hole punch to punch a hole at the top center of the shower invitation and thread 5 inches of ribbon through the hole. Tie the ribbon in a bow or in a knot to finish the invitation.
Incoming search terms:
- baby shower printable thank you cards
- printable baby shower thankyou cards
- thank you notes for guests at baby shower